ML5000 Series Cabinet Locks
The ML52-READER digital cabinet lock is just one in the ML5000 range. The ML5000 range has been developed for the most demanding government, commercial and institutional organisations.
ML52-READER is the RFID model suitable for vertical or horizontal mount.
- Supported RF type: 13.56MHz ISO14443A Mifare Classic, Ultralight, DESFireEV1
- Accepts up to 20 Administration Cards, 20 Master Cards, 20 User Cards per lock
- Private code or Public Change code mode (similar to hotel safe)
- Sound Mode - On or Off
- Temporary wrong code lockout
- Battery status LED
- Lock status LED
- Power - standard Alkaline batteries, 3 x AAA
- Micro USB battery back up
- Suits doors to 23mm thick
- 3mm stainless steel cams
- 96 hours salt spray tested
The ML52-READER is suitable for lockers in a range of applications such as;
- Leisure centres
- Sports clubs
- Health clubs
Die-cast (Body & Knob), ABS (Front)
-20oc ~ +70oc
0 ~ 90%
Administration: 1 – 20 RF Tags
Master: 1 – 20 RF Tags
User: 1 – 20 RF Tags
Battery / Life:
3 x AAA Alkaline batteries
1 Year (using 10 times a day)
Salt spray tested to:
1 to 23mm
2 x Standard 3mm thick stainless steel cams supplied, one straight cam, one offset cam
Note:Other 8 x 8mm square drive cams are suitable for this product.
Administration RFID Card
- Unlocks the Digital RFID cam lock (Deletes current User RFID Cards)
- Allows the cam lock to be changed between Private and Public mode
- Registers User Cards, Master Cards and other Administration Cards
Master RFID Card
- Locks & Unlocks on Private Mode
- Retains current User RFID Card information whilst in Private Mode
- Master RFID cards can only be used in Private Mode
User RFID Card
- Locks & Unlocks the cam lock
- The cam lock starts in a locked state
- Unlock the cam lock by flashing a registered User RFID Card to the front of the cam lock
- The cam lock will remain unlocked for 4 seconds before attempting to re-lock itself. The turn knob will be locked when returned to the locked position
- The cam lock starts in an unlocked state
- The user flashes a registered User RFID Card on the cam lock, the cam lock is now locked
- The same User Card will open the lock and leave it in an unlocked state
- This card is then erased and ready for the next new user
- This function is used for short term, multi occupancy applications. E.g. A locker in a fitness club
ASSA ABLOY New Zealand Limited (9429036762194) (“ASSA ABLOY”) guarantees all of its ASSA ABLOY branded products in accordance with the New Zealand Consumer Law.
Warranty - ASSA ABLOY also warrants that each of its ASSA ABLOY branded products with which this document is given will be free of defects in material and workmanship (including mechanical parts) for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of the product, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out below (“Warranty”).
Limitations - Unless otherwise expressly provided for in writing and subject to the exclusions set out in this Warranty: a. Electrical and Electronic Components - Electrical and electronic components used in ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products (excluding keys, cylinders and batteries) are warranted and will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase. Batteries are not covered by the Warranty. b. Cylinders and Keys - All mechanical and electromechanical cylinders and keys sold under ASSA ABLOY brand are warranted and will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 3 years (faults with both mechanical and electromechanical components) from the date of purchase. c. Finish - The Warranty does not apply to the finishes of ASSA ABLOY branded products nor to cosmetic or appearance damage. d. Stainless Steel - Stainless Steel is not stain free but stains less, compared to ordinary carbon steel. Tea staining is a natural process that may happento stainless steel products if not cleaned regularly and pursuant to ASSA ABLOY instructions. The Warranty therefore does not cover tea staining of Stainless Steel products.
Claiming on the Warranty
- If you purchased an ASSA ABLOY branded product from a retailer or other reseller (as opposed to direct from ASSA ABLOY) and wish to claim on the Warranty to the retailer or other reseller, you must, at your own expense:
- return the product securely packed to protect against damage to the product; and b. provide details of: (I) the claim on the Warranty; (II) proof of original purchase; and (Ill) your name, address, email address (if you have one) and telephone number; to the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product, within the respective warranty period referred to above.
(A) If you purchased an ASSA ABLOY branded product direct from ASSA ABLOY or otherwise wish to claim on the Warranty direct to ASSA ABLOY, you must, at your own expense: (I) first contact the ASSA ABLOY Customer Seivice Department at the contact details below to: (a) provide ASSA ABLOY with details of the claim on the Warranty; (b) organise to provide ASSA ABLOY with proof of original purchase; and (c) obtain a Case Number, (II) securely pack the product to protect against damage to the product; (III) include a copy of the original proof of purchase in the packaging; (IV) clearly mark the Case Number on the outside of the packaging; and then return the product direct to ASSA ABLOY at the address below, within the respective warranty period referred to above.
(B) Products returned direct to ASSA ABLOY without a Case Number may not be accepted by ASSA ABLOY.
(C) The issue of a Case Number and acceptance of returned products by ASSA ABLOY's staff does not constitute acceptance by ASSA ABLOY of the claim on the Warranty.
- ASSA ABLOY will (or authorise the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product to) assess any claim you may make on the Warranty and if, in ASSA ABLOY's reasonable opinion, the Warranty applies, ASSA ABLOY will at its own opinion and cost (or authorise the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product to): (i) provide you with the same or (if the same product is no longer available) the closest similar ASSA ABLOY's ASSA ABLOY branded product (ii) repair the product and return it to you; or (iii) refund the price you paid for the product. This is the only obligation of ASSA ABLOY under the Warranty. ASSA ABLOY will bear its own expenses of doing those things, and you must bear any other expenses of claiming on the Warranty.
- If products are returned to ASSA ABLOY for which, in ASSA ABLOY's reasonable opinion, the Warranty does not apply, the products will be returned to you freight collect.
The Warranty does not apply to: a. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded productswhich have been improperly installed or fitted or for which the ASSA ABLOY’s installation and fittinginstructions have not been followed; b. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which have notbeen properly maintained in accordance with ASSA ABLOY’s care and maintenance recommendations(ASSA ABLOY’s care and maintenance recommendations can be found at www.assaabloy.co.nz); c. ASSAABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products with which batteries other than those specified by ASSA ABLOYhave been used; d. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which have been used in a way ormanner not within the scope and limitations of the technical and other specifications for the productspublished from time to time by ASSA ABLOY; e. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products whichare made using components or specifications provided or requested by someone other than ASSAABLOY; f. fair wear and tear; g. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which have been modifiedor repaired without the written authorisation of ASSA ABLOY; h. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY brandedproducts with which substitute or replacement parts or cylinders, other than genuine ASSA ABLOY partsor cylinders, have been used; i. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which have been subjectto accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or damage; j. defects or deterioration caused to ASSA ABLOY’s ASSAABLOY branded products from being exposed to corrosives, including (without limitation) vapours,chemicals, abrasive compounds, contamination, pollution, coastal air, salt spray, high humidity; k. ASSAABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which are not new when purchased by the original purchaser;l. anyone other than original purchasers of new ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products; m. ASSAABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which are sold by ASSA ABLOY or a retailer of other reseller of ASSA ABLOY as “B” class or seconds; n. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which were not originally sold in New Zealand by ASSA ABLOY; o. ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products which havehad any of the brands, marks, patented plates, numbers or other information of ASSA ABLOY on theproducts defaced or removed; p. the removal, refitment or replacement of ASSA ABLOY’s ASSA ABLOY branded products or associated charges; or q. Personal injury, property damage, consequential or economic loss, however caused.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and forcompensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have thegoods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amountto a major failure.
ASSA ABLOY Warranty.Pdf